Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings.
Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering and it was defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. It is traditionally broken into several sub disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, geophysics, geodesy, control engineering, structural engineering, biomechanics, nanotechnology, transportation engineering, earth science, atmospheric sciences, forensic engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, coastal engineering, surveying and construction engineering.
The Department has well-equipped labs and it is headed by Mr. Mukesh Samota who is a well experienced teacher.
Course Details: B.Tech B.Tech (LEET) M.Tech
Duration 4 years (8 Sems) 3 years (6 Sems) 2 years (4 Sems)
Eligibility 10+2 (Non-Med.) Dip. in Polytech. B.Tech
Seat Offered 120 seats 24 seats 18 seats
Fees (Per Year) Rs. 62,600/- Rs. 62,600/- Rs. 62,600/-
- Plan, design, construct, maintain, analyze, advance, and manage civil engineering systems
- Pursue professional licensure and certifications
- Engage in life-long learning and pursue advanced level studies
- Demonstrate leadership skills through career advancement and active participation in the civil engineering profession and in the community
The department is equipped with the following labs:-
- Structure Mechanics Lab: Comprising different structural model
- Fluid Mechanics Lab: Comprising tilting fume, Different Discharge analyzing apparatus etc.
- Surveying Lab: Theodolites, Auto levels, Prismatic Compass and Plain table Apparatus etc.
- Soil Mechanics Lab: Shear Apparatus,Plastic Limit, Liquid Limit, Standard Penetration Test apparatus etc.
- Geotechnology Lab: Triaxial Shear test, Compaction testing machine etc.
- Concrete Lab: Compression testing Machine, Cement Fineness, Hardness, Specific Gravity, Compaction factor & Slump Test etc.
- Transportation Lab: Aggregate Impact Test, C.B.R. ,L.A. Abrasion Test, Bitumen Testing.
- Environmental Lab: Water & Sewage testing Apparatus Such as BOD incubator, Oven, Refrigerator, Binocular Microscope etc.
- Cad Lab: Computer sets with Auto Cad Software
In the past few years, the demand for civil engineers has exceeded the supply. The growth in economy and exceeding demand for well qualified and experienced civil engineers has resulted in towering pay levels. Shortage of 7,000 civil engineers is witnessed by India every year. Therefore, no civil engineer can go without a job after his graduation. As a civil engineer, good job opportunities will await at your doorstep.
Government Sector Jobs
Central water board, Government housing corporations, CPWD, NTPC, IOCL, BHEL, EIL, ECIL, Central Water Board, NALCO, Indian Railways, Public Work Department(PWD) and You can also work under state government for construction of roads, sanitation, irrigation, surveying.Larsen and Tubro, Jaypee Group, DLF, Ansal Group, Balaji Railroad Systems Ltd., Ajay Kadam Association, Antant Access, Associated Engineering , Dr. Kelkar Consultants Pvt. Ltd., Expert Technology – Chennai, Gammon India Ltd., Hiranandani Construction Pvt.Ltd., IVRCL Infrastructure & Projects Ltd., Vadakar and Associates , Nircon Engineering Consultants, RDS Projects Ltd., Simplex Projects Ltd are among the top most companies to recruit civil engineering students.