The department of Mechanical Engineering endeavors a vivacious aura for education and research in the field of Engineering. The perception of the department is to provide the supremacy to empower eminence in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
Mechanical engineering plays a dominant role in enhancing safety, economic vitality, enjoyment and overall quality of life throughout the world. Mechanical engineers are concerned with the principles of force, energy and motion. The men and women who work as mechanical engineers are professionals with expert knowledge of the design and manufacture of mechanical systems and thermal devices and processes. Some examples of products and processes developed by mechanical engineers include engines and control systems for automobiles and aircraft, electric power generation plants, lifesaving medical devices and consumer products ranging from air conditioners to personal computers and athletic equipment. They also design the machines that mass-produce these products. Virtually every aspect of life is touched by mechanical engineering. If something moves or uses energy, a mechanical engineer was probably involved in its design or production.
The Department has well-equipped labs and it is headed by Mr. Vikas Sharma who is a well experienced teacher.
Course Details: B.Tech B.Tech (LEET) M.Tech
Duration 4 years (8 Sems) 3 years (6 Sems) 2 years (4 Sems)
Eligibility 10+2 (Non-Med.) Dip. in Polytech. B.Tech
Seat Offered 120 seats 24 seats 18 seats
Fees (Per Year) Rs. 62,600/- Rs. 62,600/- Rs. 62,600/-
- Graduates would utilize knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined engineering technology activities; utilize principles of materials, applied mechanics, computer-aided drafting/design, manufacturing, machine/mechanical design/analysis, fluid power, thermal/fluid system design/analysis for generating solutions to problems.
- It would also create a sense of applying knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- Graduates would function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility along with self-directed continuing professional development.
- It would encircle a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement along with an understanding of addressing professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
The department is equipped with the following labs:
- Strength of Material Lab
- Computer Aided Drafting Lab
- Energy Conversion
- Material Science Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Kinematics of Machines Lab
- Fluid Machines Lab
- C. Engines & Gas Turbines Lab
- Applied Numerical Techniques & Computing Lab
- Dynamics of Machines Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Measurements & Instrumentation Lab
- Automobile Engineering Lab
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Lab
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing Lab
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering. It is also referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. Traditionally, mechanical engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics and many others. These concepts are applied in the process of designing state-of-the-art manufacturing units, different types of motor vehicles, aircraft and aerospace parts and a vast assortment of industrial machinery. Mechanical engineers also contribute in the development of various engines, power plant equipment, heating and cooling systems and other simple and complex machinery. Mechanical engineers not only design new mechanical systems but they are also responsible for testing, maintaining and manufacturing them.
The aforementioned are the conventional roles and responsibilities of mechanical engineers. However, times have changed. Nowadays the scope of mechanical engineering is expanding beyond its traditional boundaries. Mechanical engineers are focusing their attention towards new areas of research such as nanotechnology, development of composite materials, biomedical applications, environmental conservation, etc. PSUs such as HMT, BHEL, NTPC, DMRC, NHPC, PGCIL, state electricity boards like HPGCL, DHBVNL, UHBVNL, HVPNL and private companies such as Maruti Udyog Ltd., Jindal Steels, Honda motor car, Reliance, L&T, TATA Power etc are the major employers of Mechanical Engineering Graduates. ISRO also looks for scientists having good academic portfolio at their graduate level.